A modern safe approach to
set YOU AND your dog up for success
PROFESSIONAL & EXPERIENCED
Welcome to Superdog Behaviour and Training, a specialist service for dog training and behavioural needs. We are passionate about dog behaviour and have the experience to ensure you attain the skills to optimise your dog's learning and quality of life.
We train all breeds and address all problem behaviours that can arise with your dog. Superdog Behaviour and Training has been committed to helping dog owners since 2008.
We have in-depth experience in the areas of:
- puppy socialisation and development
- general obedience training, and
- modification of challenging, reactive behavioural issues.
As well as helping dog owners with just about every behaviour problem imaginable, we have have acted as expert witnesses in legal cases and have also provided assistance for rescue organisations with regard to rehabilitation and rehoming animals from pounds and shelters.
We use modern, science-based, dog-friendly training methods.
We abide by the following principles:
- Respect for both dog and owner(s)
- Do no harm
- Provide value
- Act fairly and honestly
- Honour promises made
QUALIFIED & KNOWLEDGABLE
As a minimum standard, all our trainers have successfully completed studies such as certification via the National Dog Trainers Federation and have continually worked on further education in the field.
Our trainers also hold memberships with a number of associations, including:
- the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT)
- the International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants (IAABC)
- the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT Australia)
- the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT USA)
- the Pet Professional Guild (PPG USA)
CCPDT, IAABC and PPG each require members to commit to ongoing professional education. Our trainers are committed to continuous learning and staying at the forefront of the profession.
In addition, our trainers have passed exams, met eligibility and licensing requirements to qualify as:
- Evaluator, Canine Life and Social Skills (CLASS) program with Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- Assessor, Pet Dog Ambassador program with the Pet Professional Guild
All of this adds up to you and your dog being in very safe and capablehands.
For more information or to get started with a consultation, please click on the CONTACT page.